Summer is winding down, so let’s keep things simple, easy, and not turn on an oven for this nutrient-packed snack recipe! This month we’re bringing you our favorite athlete-approved trail mix recipe.
We’ve all had those Ziploc bags of trail mix turn into an M&M meltdown in the heat. We’ve created a trail mix combo that won’t wilt, gives a satisfying crunch, and is packed with fiber, protein, and healthy minerals like magnesium, iron, Omega-3’s, and more.
This power trail mix can be eaten straight from the bag as a snack, or even thrown over yogurt or oatmeal in the morning or afternoon for a hearty meal. It’s fuel for the soccer game flame!
Power Trail Mix Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Makes 4 cups
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (our favorite is Trader Joe’s Raw Pumpkin Seeds)
- 1 cup nuts of your choice (Raw is best, here’s a handy list of options…almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, hazelnuts, pistachios, or macadamia nuts)
- ½ cup raisins (regular or golden)
- ½ cup dried apricots, dried cranberries, or dried mango
- ½ cup your favorite dry cereal or granola (adds a touch of sweetness without pure sugar)
- ½ cup popcorn (preferably unsweetened, low sodium)
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Blend together in a bowl, and separate into bags (usually 1 cup per serving).
Let us know how you like this power trail mix, we have a few more recipes and we are always happy to share. Have a great season of snacking and soccer!