It’s the hot, sticky summer season, and a frosty protein shake can be the perfect fuel for a soccer player who wants a tasty, but healthy snack. Make this easy, 6-ingredient shake at home for a refreshing pick-me-up before a long day on the field, or pack it in a shaker cup in a cooler…just make sure to include plenty of ice packs to keep it chilly!
Think of this protein shake recipe as a visit to the ice cream truck…if the ice cream truck used natural ingredients, packed protein into every bite, and included a hefty dose of Vitamins C, A, K, and plenty of fiber. Kids will think it’s an awesome milkshake, teens will love the twist on the usual protein shake flavor, and adults…well, who doesn’t like cookies n’ cream?
Cookies n’ Cream Protein Shake Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Makes 1 serving
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 6 Ice Cubes
- ½ cup frozen riced cauliflower (Trust us, no one will taste it, and it adds a creamy texture)
- Pinch of salt
- Milk (usually about ⅓ a cup, but you will eyeball it for texture)
- 2 crushed chocolate cookies/crackers
- *Options include chocolate graham crackers, a few Teddy Grahams, or two Oreos (but the other options are lower in sugar).
- Blend your protein powder, ice, riced cauliflower, and pinch of salt.
- Slowly pour in the milk, until the shake is thick and creamy (you don’t want it too runny!)
- Add your crushed chocolate crackers/cookies and pulse a few times until mixed in.
- Serve right away, or pour into a shaker cup and keep refrigerated until snacktime.
Let us know how you like this cookies n’ cream protein shake, we have a few more recipes and we are always happy to share. Have a great summer of snacking and soccer!